Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Seclusion

Its been a few days since my mother went on a holiday trip to China with her friends.
And a few weeks since my father went to Cambodia in the name of business.
While my brothers are working strenuously in the big city Kuala Lumpur.

Now its only my grandma and I in the house. Making it seem so empty and silence all the time.Sometimes she cooks, sometimes I'll walk to nearby restaurants to buy lunch or dinner for the 2 of us, hoping that it will loosen her burden.
Because she's always the one doing house chores, while I'm practicing music.

I've spend more time in front of my piano, at times a violin clamped between my shoulder and chin,and sometimes half-hugging my guitar.The time spent on reading books, story books, not text books, have been unknowingly extended too.On the sofa, its either my grandma watching Chinese dramas, or me watching random stuff, its just another reason for me to make the house seem less vacant.The usual shouting and noises made by my mother and grandma has decreased to nothing, there's no more complaining from me and wondering how much worse it could be if I have a sister.
Sometimes I'll stay till pass midnight, sounds can only be heard from soothing music and my grandma's deep snoring... (?)

When I'm doing almost nothing I'll think about another part of me,
my family.


P.S : This is not an emo post.
P.P.S : I repeat, it is not.
P.P.P.S : Also, this is not a suicide note, obituary or whatsoever.
P.P.P.P.S : I've finally know how to use P.S.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

eh hello!
don't make it sounds like "The Day The Earth Stood Still"!
we're still here & alive!

XD

Jack Lim Hui Jie said...

Haha that's why i said its not an emo post!

Lara said...

haha ey i see see why you were SO quiet that day.. so the unusual la.

Jack Lim Hui Jie said...

Hey you're back! lol.

Lara said...

haha back from where?

Jack Lim Hui Jie said...

Kampar. Or something like that. lol

Lara said...

oh haha yeah im back! had a great time there.. caving was fantastic..