Monday, June 8, 2009

Project 1 : Phoneless

For the past month of May, when people try to contact me, they either get pissed off because I never answer their calls, never reply or even message them back. And on a rare occasion, I'll answer it. This is something that I've started recently, which is Project Self-Disclosure. According to abacon.com (Yeah it's not according to Wikipedia),

Scholars define self-disclosure as sharing information with others that they would not normally know or discover. Self-disclosure involves risk and vulnerability on the part of the person sharing the information.

But what I basically do is just doing something out of the ordinary or some adventures, and I'll share it with you!

So, I've been thinking to myself around the month of April, can a person (more like teenager) survive a day/week/month without cell phone?

So I leave my phone on a side, only to check it now and then, and only reply using my house phone when it's important. Undoubtedly, the number of friends that contact me decreases day by day. But hey! The chances of me getting brain cancer or radiation decreases too! (I'm just trying to make myself feel better so shut up)

Well so now I'm back to using my phone. But the good thing is I don't use it for unnecessary calls and messages anymore and more attention is paid on other matters.

So I dare you to do the same thing too! Well maybe not a month, but maybe a day or two and you'll notice how much money you can save =)

I do encourage you guys to have the same kind of aim too. Like quitting on smoking, emo-ing or over spendage of money on unnecessary stuff. Plan yourself towards a better lifestyle by creating it!

Yeah it seems nothing much for the 1st project. But do suggest ideas or adventures that are realistic of course!

2 comments:

SwitchPoint said...

lol Dude. I've done that two months before you did. The whole month of April. Ha ha. Besides, brain cancer caused by cellphones? Not likely.

Jack Lim Hui Jie said...

Just a joke dude =)