Sunday, November 23, 2008

1 Year Anniversary Of My Working Days

So in UNO Camp we did a lot of stupid stuff... Wait, this post is not about Radiance's dog breakdancing.
Anyways, when I was 1st introduced to DoReMi Music Centre, I thought it was a kiddy playground due to its name.
Since my teacher told me that teaching is also another form of learning because you'll gain experience, I've decided to become a music teacher.
And the plus side is, I'll get extra cash.
So the next time when I want to buy something I won't beg from my parents.
Begging is hard life. So beggars are to be respected, people.

It was before Christmas when I signed up for teaching. And it didn't start off well. My 1st 2 students were... Should I say, special. One was a very quiet 4 years old Malay girl, who can hardly understand me because my Malay language sucks so badly.
Another one was a 40 something Chinese uncle, for don't know what reason he wanted to learn piano. But as the days passed by, the amount of my students were getting bigger and better.
And yes, those 2 "odd" students stopped their classes, after that, no other students stop theirs.
And no, I did not threaten my students to continue their classes or else bla bla bla.
I'm pretty happy with my life as a part time teacher now, but the bad side is I can't hang out at the mall on weekends.
This is the room that I always use to teach students. Notice the Snoopy clock and the small chairs, it is a kiddy place after all.
And this is the piano that I always play when I'm waiting for my students. You always can stare at the internal part of the piano when you're bored or something. Yeah, this post has a lot of Christmas stuff because I'm really looking forward for Christmas.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay, so this is like super cool. How old are you again..?
No offense intended but do you earn much???

Jack Lim Hui Jie said...

Hey there. I'm 16 this year.
Erm since I only worked 2 days a week, so I don't really earn much. Around RM400-500 a month.
I sorta giving away my private details. lol.

Anyways who's this?

Anonymous said...

oh.uhhhh.just a random blogger and blog-reader who also plays the piano.

okay really cool this is.

[PS]:I'm a student too.