Sunday, March 1, 2009

A View Not To Be Missed

This is gonna be a long post with a lot of pictures. Please do wait for them to upload because its worth it =)
On Sunday evening, my dad and I decided to go for a jog at a failed project island called Twin City Island (direct translation from Chinese).
It's quite near from Harbour Club. Which is quite near from my house too.
Since it's a sunny day, I figured why not bring along my camera to take some pictures. My buddy, Jameson, tagged along too.
Actually this island has a lot of halfway built buildings, probably because the government lacked financial... stuff. Well let the pictures do most of the talking because my language sucks big time.The only place that's active there is the mosque. And the growing trees there. And a bald looking tree standing alone. Self-acclaimed professional looking pictures. Then I thought of the movie Yes Man, so I jogged and took some pictures.
They're quite cool and the pictures are surprisingly not blur at all.This is like creating art out of both running and taking pictures.And I've also created art on my leg out of clumsily running into sharp branches.Here are some pictures of us doing weird poses. The You-Know-Who pose. Art of balancing life.Secretly taking drugs... I-don't-know-what-pose-is-this pose. You wouldn't want to know what I was trying to do.Drop dead tired.The Twin City Island is also pretty near The Jetty, Eye On Melacca, and some random hotels.A lamp post which the light source is not from the lamp itself. Not long after that, it was sunset and the views were really breathtaking. Enjoying the view and temporarily forgetting all the downs of life. This is my favourite picture. Can you believe that this view is actually caused by the sunset?
It looks like some buildings found from Golden City.
I messed around with my camera, and this is the result of "sunset" portrait setting. Looks like world disaster in some way.
Too bad the view only last for less than 1 minute =(
The Melacca River.
This was after the sunset.
Which was before a heavy rain pour.So, this was how I started the 1st day of March. That's it for now.
And always remember,
Think big, and you will shine out from the others =)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

yeah, that island is a beautiful place for photography. good pictures, jack. the gold city is awesome! blink and you miss it. great you managed to catch it on film. =)

~All about Shen Chee~ said...

i like the pic which u were lying down on the road.. lol.. failed project...

Jack Lim Hui Jie said...

Charmain : Hey you've been there before?

Shen Chee : Thanks buddy! =)

Lara said...

hey! great pictures in awesome perspectives!

Unknown said...

haha... yeah, been there before. some friends wanted to see the mosque. =P