Saturday, May 2, 2009

Yet Another Brisk Walk

I had an adventurous brisk walk again. Yes brisk walk but none of those arching upward butts and awkward arms swinging movements. The last time I didn't bring my camera with me, I learned my lesson this time.
But must it be so coincidental that my mom brought the camera along with her for her vacation to Vietnam (Yeah another vacation without me and throwing all the house chores to me, which I never bother to do). So I have no choice but to use my cellphone's camera instead.
Francisco, Eugene and I started the journey from my house at 10.15 pm, then realized that we haven't had dinner yet. So we stopped by at Ayoob Mamak. Thanks to my super slow eating speed and wanted to watch Spiderman 3 showing on a big screen, basically we started our journey around 10.45 pm. Then we headed to Dataran Pahlawan's area there which is full of cars because it's Labour Day. The view on top of Dataran Pahlawan during night time. Then we decided to go to the top of St. Paul's Hill.
The gate of Famosa. I took that picture with flash but it doesn't look any clearer.It's dark up there because there wasn't a single light seen. And occasionally we heard whisperings which we didn't know where the source of it was because we're the only humans there.
The bell tower and a statue which can barely be seen. We were grateful that we overcomed our cowardice and made it up because the view of Melacca during night time is breath taking. But doesn't look that good with my camera. When we felt the hair on the back of our necks were rising, what else but leave the people there alone. This is a motel which I never tried the pizzas and pastas there before. The stairs to clock tower that we passed by. There's Eugene pretending to fall down but looks more like he lost something. And we found this funny looking hole which can fit a whole body into it.
Francisco and his scary looking eyes under flash. Eugene acting cool. And me meditating. The clock tower. The view on top of a building. The attraction of Melacca - Beca. But I don't find those becas with disco music appealing to the tourists.
These red lights makes the night scenery of Melacca nicer but I can't help but think that it resembles Red Light District a lot. Flowers. I don't know what it's called, seriously. Just chilling. Gandhian advice - hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil. The windmill. Then we passed by this walkway behind the main street which you can enjoy the view of the river and the nice stinking smell of it. There's always a cruiser or two pass by. The more narrow walkway. Mafias. Seeing buah cempaka in the town is kinda rare for me. Then we passed by St. Fransic Xavier Church. Random trees with green light. Empty street of Bunga Raya. And empty pathway of Bunga Raya, it was around 12 something. A temple (boring captions I've been writing, it takes alot of energy to think). Where we rest the most was a closed food court. Still seeing the river which already bores me. A bridge that I've never been to, Francisco said it connects to Ocean. Which I don't even know where it is.
Well what I know is it has quite a view there. So fake yet so nice. We stopped by there to chat a lot about... well almost everything. After that, it was around 1 am and we decided to walk back although we don't feel like it. We took the way to St. Peter's Church and City Bayview Hotel. And then I saw this newly "improved" CIMB Bank that I've never notice before. It's kinda weird that they combine a restaurant/coffee shop with a bank. What a good way to spend your money after you just withraw it is none other than on food.
And this last street that we walked. Empty Melacca Raya. Occasionally a few cars will pass by with exotic music and extra bass boost.

2 comments:

rakuten98le said...

12 something????!!!!!
Brisk walk until that late??

Jack Lim Hui Jie said...

Haha nice what.
Should try that yourself!